Day 6

Today we woke up and went to Adullam. We counted all the dishes we washed this week. We then went and cleaned the 3rd floor. We got together with the two other groups and did hearing God. It was a prayer activity. It was amazing. We all got to pray for each other. It was amazing to see what God could do. We then organized Kaitie's closet. It is a place where you can donate cloths and furniture and other house hold items and people from the community can come and get it for free. We helped them carry there things to the car. After that we helped clean the place where they are going to put a cafe. We went back to the Church and got ready for the cook out. At the cook out I meet this little boy named Ryan. Me and him raced up the hill and played with chalk. He was one of the sweetest little boys ever. The first thing he did was introduced me to his stuffed animal named Fluffy. It makes me wanna cry while writing this because he changed my life. Coming down to Milwaukee I thought that the little kids were going to act different then the ones at home. Tonight at worship we washed our groups feet. We go to pray for each other. We all started to cry. We cried for a long time. This week has been life changing for me. I wish that I could stay longer. Everyone I came with i have gotten closer to. I am sooooooo grateful for all that I have and my family and friends. We miss you all.
      -with love Ellie Schumacher



My day started when i woke up to our leader turning the lights on to wake us up, probably one of the worst ways to wake up. But it did get us up, i threw some clothes on and went out for breakfast. After breakfast we had morning devotions and packed lunches then headed out to the worksite and got all of our work finished. we came back around 2:30, then waited until 4 to go out to a cookout for the local people. I meant the sweetest little kid. His name was Ryan. I was with him for almost the whole cookout and this little boy changed my outlook on how good my life really is... These kids have close to nothing yet they find happiness. The look on Ryan's face was just full of joy, he was just so happy with all these people racing and playing frisbee and racing with him, i'll never forgot Ryan. But sadly  all good things come to an end and we had to go back to the church and we had worship. and at the end they were talking about how jesus washed the feet of his decipoles. we did that to each other then we all prayed as a work group. I could feel God moving through us. Amost our whole was balling their eyes out including me.. That was probably the most i've ever felt with another church group ever before. I will never forget my mission trip to miluakkee.

         -Steven Widman

Comments

Popular Posts